Blog Archive

Friday, February 19, 2016

Off to Iceland... in February - Day 0


Friday, 19 Feb 2016
 

 
I'm going out of the country in winter... to more winter, and taking a trip with no real purpose or goal. But a week in Iceland, including roundtrip airfare and hotel for $630 was just too good to pass up.
 
When the travel deal first came up I asked if anyone was interested, I had a hesitant nibble so I pounced and booked the tickets. My friend told her mother in law who thought it was a fabulous idea so she is coming with her husband. The mother in law told her son who was thrilled for a chance to vacation in Iceland again so he signed up for the trip with his brother... my friend's husband. Which is how I ended up going on someone else's family vacation.
 
The hope is to see the Northern Lights, the reality is the forecast is for cloudy days and rain. Thankfully everyone going is energetic, fun to be around, and spontaneous. The suggestion to jump into the North Atlantic Ocean in February (in a country that has numerous hot water options to jump into) has already been proposed.
 
Our plane leaves Sunday, so cross your fingers for a break in the weather!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment